[linux-dvb] Re: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the 'Resource temporarily unavailable' problem too...
(from time to time).

I'm running some test software (reading for ever packets from a PID and
thus, checking the broadcast is OK) on a linux box (RH 7.1/ kernel 2.4.10 /
PIII 450 MHz / 64 Mo RAM). The test program writes nothing on the disk (no
recording).
I'm using a Hauppauge win TV DVB-S (second release) with driver version 0.9.

In my case, the errno associated with the perror message 'Resource
temporarily unavailable' is not EWOULDBLOCK but EAGAIN (value is 11).

This 'bug' appears from time to time : the software can run for days
without problems but sometimes it fails. I tried to stop my program and
rerun it (it then sets again the parameters (frequency, pol, PID,...)) but
the error is still there (not a single byte is read from now on).

The only way I found (I did not look for long !) to get back to normal is
to reboot the PC...

If someone has a better solution...
Does my configuration fall into the lower 'system ressources' category ?
What are the critical ressources for that kind of usage (RAM, CPU,...) ?

As I intend to put another DVB card into the same PC to survey 2 PIDs on 2
different satellites at the same time, I'd rather make sure my
configuration is sufficient.

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,
Karim AMRANI