[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problem

Stefan Norberg writes:
 > >From personal experience and from following this list for a while I think
 > it's
 > pretty clear that the TT-DVB-C-card does not work with any version of the
 > Linux
 > driver.
>
 > Unfortunately, the information on linuxtv.org and on technotrend's home page
 > (claiming that there is a working driver for the TT-DVB-C card) is incorrect
 > and should, imho, be removed. I would personally have tried harder to get a
 > Siemens card if I haven't been misled by this fact.

I was under the impression from earlier reports (on the list and/or
through mail to me) that the TT DVB-C card worked. Maybe they changed
the hardware? Somebody here talked about a 2.x version of the DVB-C
card?

 > I'm also surprised by the uninterest from both Techonotrend and the driver
 > developers at Convergence to fix this or even to provide input or hint
 > on this issue.

AFAIR, Technotrend never cared about Linux drivers at all. I
never received any information about their hardware from them.
(This is true for ALL card manufacturers except Siemens.)
So, why are you surprised now?

We are also not interested in supporting each and every version of the
DVB cards, especially if we don't even have a sample card and won't
get any kind of help by the manufacturer to program the new chips
which might be on those cards.
Please explain exactly why we should be interested in supporting
such cards?

All I can do for now is to add a note on our WWW page that not
all card versions of all vendors work with the driver.
In 4 weeks all this will probably be a moot point anyway and all I
will be able to support then is a version 1.3 DVB-S card.

Ralph