[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: HDTV & DVB / VDR (dscaler ..)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:16:27 +0100, Mirko Morschheuser
<mirko@rogal-ingenieurgesellschaft.de> wrote:

> Does anybody know if the DVB stream contains the same flags as in the Mpeg2
> stream on a DVD? Software Mpeg2 decoders usually read these flags and
> deinterlace according to them. Therefore you get problems when the DVD
> mastering was poor and the flags are set incorrectly.

Those people that have the ability to display VDR recordings with a
software player (WinDVD et.al.) normally used to playback DVD could
check this. They just have to look for deinterlace artifacts in the
recordings. If they see them, then there is no easy way. Then we need
some intelligence to identify the fields that belong together, or a
function that allows selecting the alternate field as starting point for
deinterlace.

Emil