[linux-dvb] Re: DVB driver

Heikki,

The linux firmware does not support the CAM very well. I wrote my version
so that I could use the CAM "menu" (to enter PINs and so on). I'm sure the
official developers will add this to their version eventually; it is just
not top of their priorities.

The catch is that, at the moment, lots of other things do not work in my
version; in particular vcr does not work. And I don't have much time to
work on it, so I can't guarantee when I will fix these problems. And, of
course, you lose all the good features that the Convergence firmware has got.

If you've got general problems getting things to work, you're best bet is
to ask on the mailing list for specific help for your problems. Using my
stuff will just make matters worse.

John

At 18:33 17/01/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I noticed you have released a version of the linux DVB driver that uses
>Technotrend's original firmware instead of the Convergence supplied one.
>May I ask what's the catch? What does one gain by using the original
>firmware? I've been having LOADS of trouble with my card and thus try to
>seek out any and all possible improvements.
>
>Regards,
>  Heikki Lindholm

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or
distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.
The views expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of
The PCMS Group plc and should not be taken as authority to carry out any
instruction contained.