[linux-dvb] Re: Sat-Internet Provider Choice

Robert Schneider wrote:

>can somebody give a little advise on what Sat-Internet providers are a
>good choice for Astra 19.2 in Germany. I have read some of the threads in
>this forum and surfed the web-pages of the various providers and it seems
>to me that Europe Online WOULD be a good choice for me.

I'm looking into the same information. AFAIK there is none.
The only two for Germany atm are Europe Online (EON) and Bertelsmann (?
correct me if I'm wrong), but they're both overloaded beyond hope.

Only thing is to wait for the 2nd quartal of 2002 when the Telekom
starts it's "DSL via Satellite" Service.
Currently the company I'm working at is participating in the pilot
projects, and it's REALLY NICE.
Max download I had was 120KB/sec. The system needs a working ISDN
connection for upstream, downstream ist picked up from the satellite
stream as a proxy service for http, ftp and any other socks-supporting
application.

Cheers
Thomas