[linux-dvb] recording with ffmpeg

Jonas Meyer writes:
 > Sorry to ask again.but i can'T find it in the mailinglist archive.I was able
 > to use ffmpeg to record videos from /dev/video0.well now i use
 > /dev/v4l/video0 because of devfs but i don't think that'S the reason why i
 > can't make it work again.so please could someone tell me the arguments he's
 > calling ffmpeg with so it records some pics. I think i have to choose the
 > input format somehow but when i do ffmpeg-formats i can't find a format that
 > i think i used before.It was working great please help me to get that working
 > again.
 > mfg jonas
 >

 > --
 > Info:

With the latest CVS of ffmpeg the following worked for me on a Duron 700:

ffmpeg -b 1000 -ab 192 -vd /dev/video -s 352x288 test.mpg
or using  devfs
ffmpeg -b 1000 -ab 192 -vd /dev/v4l/video0 -s 352x288 test.mpg

I have not tried any other bitrates, this was just a quick test.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de