[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nova-T setup?

I've just acquired a Nova-T card. Surprisingly, it works quite well from
Windows with a naff indoor aerial; I seem to be tuned in to the
Hannington transmitter, as far as I can tell (I'm in the UK). I get TMF
and The Hits through smoothly; good enough for testing.

However, I'd really like to get it working from Linux. (The usual plans
to build my own PVR.) Unfortunately I have been unable to get a working
set of Linux drivers and applications.

I've found at least three drivers, and at least two sets of
applications, all of which are mutually incompatible. The driver and the
applications that come with Debian don't work. The nightly build from
linuxdvb.tv appears to work, and tzap appears to tune, but I have
nothing that will actually fetch video. Debian's dvbstream won't work
with it; the latest dvbstream won't build with it.

Can anyone point me to where I can get a set of matching drivers and
applications that show some sign of working? I want to use dvbstream to
get MPEG-2 streams off the card, which I can then play with xine or
mplayer (or save to disk). In fact, dvbstream's multicast facility is
ideal for what I want to do.

It's all very frustrating. The picture quality from Windows is
excellent, but I can't do anything with the data. And I've so nearly got
things running on Linux...

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com