[linux-dvb] Re: PC Streaming Server

Yahoo - jwellsmobile (jwellsmobile@yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking to build a TV streaming PC and would appreciate any
> recommendations anyone may have (I live in the UK and will be using a
> standard installed SKY satellite dish).
> The plan is to have a dedicated redhat 7.3 server with a WinTV Nexus-s and
> the Nexus Common Interface Module card installed. The goal is for the TV
> signal to be taken from the analogue interface and sent out over the
> Ethernet interface as a multi-channel transport stream on a IP multicast
> address. The PC itself will not be used to watch any TV channels.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is possible?
> If so, how many channels could I transmit simultaneously from the PC?

dvbstream sends out RTP multicast packets for the transport stream, so you
should be able to use that.

> Dose the Nexus-s CIM support the sky card?
> Is the Nexus-s card the best card for the job?

There is no CAM for Sky, so you'll only be able to see the FTA channels via
your nexus (although there aren't many FTA now, the BBC lot are going FTA
soon so should be a little more interesting).

Andy.

--
n: Andy Coates                         e: andy@bribed.net