[linux-dvb] Re: Which DVB-S budget card?

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 09:15  pm, Emard wrote:

Any recommendations?  And what about suppliers here in the UK?
Almost every technotrend-compatible 7146 based budget clone
will do.
Right. After *just* losing an eBay auction for a Nexus-s, I think I'm just going to buy the cheap budget DVB-s card from www.dvbshop.tv

The card I'm looking at is named 'Win DVB-S Budget2 (like Nova)' and it's 69 EUR.

Before I put down the cash, is anyone else using one successfully?

I'm slightly concerned, because it looks rather 'unbranded', but from the photo, there is a Philips chip on there...

Thanks,
Richard.