[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with dvb-s

On Sunday 27 April 2003 17:57, Ernst Fürst wrote:
> I need help. I'm trying to get my card working with suse 8.2. I can cmpile
> the latest cvs-driver, downloaded yesterday. But when i execute 'make
> insmod', everything seems to be alright, but i just receive a flickering
> screen. I have a Hauppauge DVB-s card, which works on Windows and on Suse
> 8.0. A lot of thanks for your help.

Haven't got 8.2 yet, but I hope you get it sorted before I do ;)

ISTR  a similar sort of problem when I first installed dvb on Suse 7.2 or 7.3.
It seemed that Suse installed the modules and sources on detecting the card
but in a different location to the dvb default. Make sure the distro dvb
stuff is uninstalled - and not still residing on your disk.

Andy