[linux-dvb] Re: Another issue: frontend timeout value and low symbol rates

> In the meantime, I've found another problem in dvb_frontend.c:
>
> Although the code has the ability to scan about on frequencies surrounding
> the requested frequency, it isn't actually being given the time to do so.
> The following patch fixes this, and ensures at least one cycle of scanning
> completes before giving up. The reason I haven't checked this in is because
> I'm worried it breaks something else, and I want to give anyone time to
> object.

Actually on second thoughts that big initial delay on the first tune seems to
be about 3 seconds.... and the initial value of delay in the frontend_thread
IS 3*HZ...

In that case, the first attempt to tune if it needed a zigzag scan would fail
because the initial delay is so huge. Then the next attempt would work, as
long as the thread hadn't died too fast.

Sound familiar anyone?