[linux-dvb] Re: kernel compilation option

On Monday 02 August 2004 00:15, Eric DEZERT wrote:
> Would it be possible that by default the OSD is set to ON in the kernel
> compilation for the next release of dvb driver.
> I mean now, with a 2.6.6 for example, it is necessary to rebuild the
> kernel only to set the OSD on. This is the only option i changed to have
> my debian working with vdr.
> (cf default 'make menuconfig' options)

I'm not entierly clear on what you are talking about here; if you are talking
about kernel.org default configuration, then yes, we could send a patch with
the next update to make OSD as default (because most people would want it,
and most people would not be hurt by the overhead, unless they are building a
custom embedded system, in which case they are probably building a custom
kernel). If you are talking about debian default kernels, it would probably
resolve to submitting a bugreport to bugs.debian.org, explaining the above to
them.

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index