[linux-dvb] Re: VDR record mpeg2 stream?

I use mplayer, or more precisely mencoder like this.

mencoder dvb://"$CHANNEL" -oac copy -ovc copy -quiet -endpos $TIME -o
$BASENAME.ts

I run that from a script which runs from the crontab.
It's like a really big video recorder.
The output is determined by "-ocv copy" which means keep it as whatever
it is. I believe it's an mpeg2 transport stream, which avidemux
couldn't edit.

I tried changing the -ovc to lavc which would have produced a mpeg4 avi
file. Unfortunately my processor isn't fast enoguh to do it on the fly,
so I re-encode $BASENAME.ts as a nice process, as soon as it's been
captured.

p.s. $CHANNEL is a name from my ~/.mplayer/channels.conf. It was
generated using the scan utility.

The $TIME variable lets me record a show for an hour or 30 mins etc.

=====
--
David..