[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC][ANNOUNCE] blindscan: auto search everything

Roberto Ragusa wrote:

> Another example, find all MCPC transponders on hotbird:
>   (results not pasted for brevity)
> 4100MHz searched and 82 signals found in only 55 seconds (!),
> that is 74MHz/s and 0.67 s/signal
> (*without* using any builtin or received table of transponders)
..
> Now, how does it work? What do you need?
> My setup is Skystar2 2.3p with mt312 frontend (vp310, exactly)

It's amazing what one can do with proper frontend hardware :-)

> The patch has a few small improvements easily acceptable for inclusion,
> but there are two issues:
> 1) added a new ioctl (as other frontends may support the same
> functionality, I don't think it should be very controversial)
> 2) brutally hacked the symbol_rate parameter; I use low values
> (0-0xfff, well below symbol_rate_min) to ask for auto symbol rate;
> I don't see an easy and elegant way to achieve abstraction from
> hardware (this is very mt312 specific) without sacrifying
> functionality (such as multi frequency ranges) or seriously extending
> the API (set min and max symbol rate separately, at minimum).

If we could come up with a proper API I would add this
to CVS immediately. However, I don't know about the scanning
features of the mt312, mt352 or other frontends.
Is there someone who does?

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index