[linux-dvb] Re: Easy way to have patch against a kernel ?

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 03:48:48PM +0200, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > I would like to test the new dvb-kernel, but I also don't want to be
> > forced to have a different kernel source for each kernel as I can't
> > patch if with for example patch-2.6.8-rc1-rc2.bz2.
> >
> > So my question : does someone have a script that produce a "big" patch
> > against the current kernel from the dvb-kernel CVS ?

> Hmm i think i don't understand fully what you want. You should be able to
> build kernel 2.6 Modules outside the kernel  very simple. though i don't know
> if the dvb-kernel is prepared for it. For other kernel modules i have used
> successfully

I can't do this, because I don't want everything as modules...

What I want is a way to diff the kernel (the one I want to compile) and
dvb-kernel CVS, such that I can later patch -R to have a "clean" kernel
that could be upgraded with linux patches :-)
--
	Grégoire Favre
http://magma.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index