[linux-dvb] Re: kernel I2C question

On Sunday 08 August 2004 00:13, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > I've only had a peek at the usb drivers, and basically got sick reading
> > the old drivers at least, have not had a look at the vp* driver yet.
> > Actually focusing on getting the bttv driver up to speed now, but the bus
> > bttv-core interface is coded somewhat strangly. It would be very cool if
> > someone would clean up the usb drivers some, at least split
> > frontend/driver code..
>
> ttusb-budget is already split up. vp7041 is obsolete and will disappear
> as soon as the "dibusb" usb-driver and "dib3000m"-frontend is ready.

Strange, that I can still see frontend related code in ttusb-budget, and no
related commits to a split, of either ttusb module. I can see that
ttusb-budget actually registers a (dvb_i2c) bus, but I can't really see how
it's used, as it registered the frontend itself...but I must belive you on
the vp* driver, although making it obsoleete after two weeks in cvs seems
funny to me :)

Cheers and regards,
Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index