[linux-dvb] Re: A/V dropouts when switching section filters

Hello Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
[about dvb-kernel 2.4]

> - When VDR manipulates section filters, sometimes the A/V data stream blacks out.
>   Most of the time the picture returns after a short while, but sometimes it
>   doesn't.

Could you describe this in more detail? So that when I try to
reproduce it I will know what to look for?
- how long does it block out?
- when? once after zapping or more often?
- does it depend on VDR version or settings?
- does it happen only in multi-card setups (i.e. with transfer mode)?

> - If I disable the StartSectionHandler() call in VDR's cDvbDevice::cDvbDevice(),
>   the problem does not occur, so I guess it must have to do with section
>   filtering.
>
> - In order to rule out a firmware or AV7110 problem I have set up my
>   channels so that the actual signal is always taken from my second
>   DVB card, which is a WinTV NOVA-S (a budget card), and is displayed
>   on the primary device via "Transfer Mode". It makes no difference
>   whether I do it this way or watch live tv directly on the primary
>   (full featured Siemens Rev. 1.3) card.

That would mean the av7110 does only PES playback, and is
otherwise not touched?

> Since the same version of VDR worked just fine with the old DVB driver
> version, I assume there is something seriously wrong in the dvb-kernel
> version (at least in the 2.4 branch).
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the time to dig deeper into this right now,
> so I was wondering if anybody else is able to reproduce this and maybe
> find out what's wrong.
>
> Meanwhile I'm back to the (good ;-) old DVB driver...

Well, problems are best solved if the people who have the problem
work together with the people who attempt to solve it.

Regards,
Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index