From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]On Behalf Of Jukka Tastula
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 7:11 AM
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Idea how to get Aver dvb-t 771 Remote Control
to work?

On Saturday 14 August 2004 07:50, Andreas Witte wrote:

> Ive got some time and tried again to get this to work. I changed
> the files as you wrote. But i think it won't work. I can load
> the ir-kbd-gpio module... should dmesg show up any message if
> it find the averdvb771 remote? The other thing is, how can i
> readout any keypressings? This all is really dark and cryptic
> to me.. sorry!

Load the evdev module and look in /proc/bus/input/devices, you _should_ see
your remote and also find out the /dev/input/eventn device. Example
follows

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=6253 Product=0100 Version=0100
N: Name="Twinhan Tech Remote Control"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:07.2-2/input0
H: Handlers=kbd event0
B: EV=12000b
B: KEY=800000 0 e0b0ffdf 1cfffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: ABS=300 0
B: LED=1f

There it says event0. If you get this far get the lircd.conf file from
http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/linux-input-layer-lircd.conf  and compile
lirc with --with-driver=devinput. Then you have to point lircd at the
event device like this: "lircd -H dev/input -d /dev/input/event0".
After this you can run irw and see what keys you have. You'll probably want
to edit the lircd.conf to remove any unused keys and rename the ones
present.

The evdev thing works as a keyboard so if there's nothing using the lircd
you'll get crap on the console when you press buttons on the remote.
Somewhat annoying imo, anyone have ideas for preventing this?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index