Von: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]Im Auftrag von Holger Waechtler
Gesendet: Samstag, 14. August 2004 11:35
An: Frank Dzaebel
Cc: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: TT USB Box - Last try

Hi Frank,

I just realized that your problem is probably another one. The
ttusb-budget driver does not registers it's i2c bus to the kernel i2c
subsystem and the tda1004x driver does not works anymore with the
dvb_i2c bus.

So you either need to join the holy war and convert the ttusb-budget
driver to kernel-i2c or just check out an older driver revision of the
tda1004x driver from the CVS tree. Check the CVS history on
http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/fro
ntends/tda1004x.c
to find out when the changes were applied, on the first glance it seems
like rev 1.26 is the one that should still work. Please note that the
old code had a slightly simpler firmware loader, please read the
comments in the code for details.

If the driver's attach() function is called again you can proceed with
the steps described below.

Holger

Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Frank Dzaebel wrote:
>
>> Hi Holger,
>>
>> mmmhhh... in my eyes I followed all instructions I found in the dvb
>> drivers
>> but the box does not work. I installed the TT firmware file (exactly the
>> version mentioned in the documentation) but it seems not be loaded.
>>
>> All in all there are two strange things:
>>
>> - STC version 2.2
>

> this should be not critical. As soon there are enough success reports
> with the new controller revision this warning can get removed.
>
>> - Only the modules "dvb_ttusb_budget" and "dvb_core" get loaded
>> automatically using hotplug but no frontend module. When I load the
>> tda1004
>> module by hand nothing happens (no log output). Shouldn't I see some
>> output
>> here? I don't get any line concerning the frontend, so even no "error
>> right
>> place and no line when the firmware is missing.
>

> Ok, so these bastards again changed something in the tuner config.
> Please add some debug-printk()'s in tda1004x_attach(). You probably need
> to enforce the code path passing td1316_init_tda10046h[] to the demod
> registers.
>
> You should especially check that tda1004x_address and the tuner address
> are correct. If you are not sure about possible values check the ones
> nearby (0x08, 0x09 for the demod, 0x60, 0x61, 0x62, 0x63 for the tuner)
> or run an i2c scan.
>
> Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index