[linux-dvb] Re: linuxtv cvs and v4l2 versions for linux-2.6.9

Hi John
I went back and did this from my notes and tried it out just now.
(It part of my build process so I wanted to make sure I had got it right)

# wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.9.tar.bz2
# tar -jxvf linux-2.6.9.tar.bz2
# cd linux-2.6.9
# patch -p1 < ../patches/All-2.6.9-rc4.diff
# cp ../linux-dvb/.config .
# make

Patched cleanly and built. Only thing that might foul the patching is
not using the -p1 flag for patch. (which would give you the missing file
warnings)

Hope this gets you running
JP

John Jones wrote:
| how you applied this cleanly to a 2.6.9 kernel I dont know in the
| patch it has 2.6.9-rc4 inside it and some files are missing so hunks
| dont patch
|
| what did you do ?
|
| regards
|
| john jones
|
| On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:13:27 +0000, jp <jaypee@hotpop.com> wrote:
|
| I took the 2.6.9 kernel and the patch for All-2.6.9-rc4 @
|
| http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/2.6.9-rc4-1/All-2.6.9-rc4.diff.gz
|
| The patch should apply cleanly.
|
| I found that combination to work for the "conexant" nova-T without any
| need for dvb patches.
|
| Now what gmail's you got? :)
|
| JP
|
| John Jones wrote:
| | dear hard working people
| |
| | I have been struggling to build a mythtv DVR for the girlfriend....
| |
| | Help
| |
| | I see that 2.6.9 has not got the latest DVB core and I need that
| | because the driver for my  DVB-T card that I bought....
| |
| | a wintv Nova-T with a Conexant chipset UK spec
| |
| | (under lspci its a  multimedia video controller: conexant winfast
| | tv2000 XP (rev05)
| | plus 2 other conexant devices )
| |
| | now I looked at the CVS and that seems to applie to the latest the
| | snapshot for 2.6.10 (rc3-bk8) and can not get a snapshot for v4l2 at
| | bytesex for that snapshot
| |
| | so instead of all this
| |
| | can someone point me to patch's that work with vanilla 2.6.9
| |
| | v4l2 patch's ?
| | linuxtv dvb patch's ?
| |
| | I see people did this a while ago and got it working what patch's did
| | they use where are they located to download ?
| |
| | regards
| |
| | John 'please save me' Jones
| |
| | p.s. I can offer gmail address's as a bribe
| |
| | p.p.s. I can not install vdr because it asks for version 3 of the API
| | is this right ? also what can I use to test this hardware as xawtv
| | fails

Home | Main Index | Thread Index