Re: Kfir driver on other boards?

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Frank Rosengart wrote:

> The Hauppauge uses a different PCI bridge. Without serious modification
> our driver won't work. But it's open source - feel free to do it ;-)

Thanks very much for the quick response, Frank.  Hmm ...
I wonder if the WinTV-PVR uses the same PCI bridge as
its older cousin, WinTV, which has had Linux support
for quite some time ...

By the way, I noticed that the Visiontech Reference Board shown
at http://www.visiontech-dml.com/kfir_rdk.html is different from
the one at http://www.linuxtv.org/mpeg2/ (presumably manufactured by
BMK-Elektronik).  Will the Linux Kfir driver work on both boards
without change?

> > Is it possible to extract MPEG-2 I-frame-only from the Kfir2
> > chip?  If so, at what bit rate (e.g. 4:2:0 @ 25Mbps)?
>
> I can't answer this right now. You may have a look at the driver.
> Perhaps you will find a hint how to tune the parameters for getting
> I-frames only.

OK.  Thanks.  The only hint I can see is KFIR_I_PICT in KfirCMD.h
and KFIR_MPEG_I_BIT_RATE in KfirDef.h, but they don't seem to be
used anywhere in the driver source.  I guess I will have to get
some documentation from Visiontech ...

-- Paul

Home | Main Index | Thread Index