[mpeg2] Kfir board: DVB interface and resolution

I just purchased the mpeg2 board from BMK. They have sent me the specs of the
card and I noticed some things.

1. The card is able to record at 720x576 it says.

In the sources for the driver the max. hor. resol. is set to 704. I'm sure there
is a reason for this or . Are the specs wrong?

2. There is apparently an attempt made by the designer to fit a DVB interface on
the card. The guys at DVB said not to use this interface as it had problems. An
attempt to workaround this in microcode was done in the past, but not completely
satisfactory as I understand. There is something about the interface not being
compatible with "DVB 8-bit TS". This is where my knowledge ends at the moment.
Can anybody shed some light on this?

As this interface is *exactly* what I am looking for (i.e. connecting the KFir
board to one of the Siemens cards) Does anybody have more information on this?
Would it be feasable to do the microcode thingie?  Although a somewhat expensive
setup this would satisfy my goals entirely.

Best,

Marcel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index