[mpeg2] Trying to get an Mpeg TS to work

I am currently a student attempting to implement a system that takes in an NTSC video signal and then encodes it into MPEG2 stream. I have a couple of questions and as much detail as you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

One thing is,l do I need to open a video0 and a video1? I am currently opening video0 to set the video input format and set the tuning frequency and then opening another device (video1) to access the TS stream. However when I run this program that runs the tscap.c program (included with MPEX drivers), I get an error which is “Not a TS”

I have also tried the “cat /dev/video1” command I get a large file that appears empty. It has a size but I cant see anytihg in it.

Thanks in advance,

ankit

Home | Main Index | Thread Index