[mpeg2] Re: MPEX Card and Stream type other than TS

On Monday 13 Sep 2004 23:37, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> "Hubertus Wiemers" <hwiemers@ics-pb.com> writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a mpex card from BMK with no tuner. Is anybody using this card
> > with Elementary Stream Type(ES)?
> > Transport Stream is working ok. I'm currently using LINUX 2.6.6 and
> > saa7134-02.12.
>
> I'm only using it in transport stream mode.  However, I have a
> question.  Occasionally, usually after a few hours of operation or
> more, the sound starts buzzing at about 50 Hz.  Restarting the
> application usually cures this, but it is quite annoying.  Is anyone
> else seeing this?  Is there something to be done about it?

Argh, not the buzzing noise! Have you tried the very latest drivers snapshot
from bytesex.org? Recently I've only been getting the buzzing if it loses
video feed - my last patch sorts that out.

The card will never operate in ES mode - although the saa6752hs chip supports
it, it is missing the essential glue logic on the board to make it work.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index