[vdr] Re: other MPEG Decoder cards?

Tim Lapawa wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> is it possible to use an other card type than the DVBs for a timeshifting configuration? How deep depends vdr on the DVB kernel driver.
> A while a go I bought a Hollywood Plus card from Sigma Designs. And I would like to use this MPEG2 Decoder card with vdr.
> If Klaus does agree I would like to bring support for the HW+ card into the vdr project. But this depends on the unvoidable expenditure.

Using such a card would mean that even live viewing would have to go via
the "Transfer Mode" and thus block your second card (which you would need
in order to record, anyway). I'm not sure if building a VDR system that way
is a good idea, but if you want to do it that way, go ahead. Whether or not
I will add this to the official VDR source depends on how deep your changes
will go. I wouldn't want to make severe modifications just to support one
very rare case of application...

Klaus