[vdr] Antwort: Re: Problems with fast forward

Klaus,
I don't use AC3 or better I don't use the -a parameter atm. but I've
observed a simliar bug when the OSD is switched on and I navigate with +/-
1Min for some time in a recording ...

Stefan

                    Klaus Schmidinger
                    <Klaus.Schmidinger@c        An:     vdr@linuxtv.org
                    adsoft.de>                  Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:               Thema:  [vdr] Re: Problems with fast forward
                    kls@cadsoft.de

                    14.09.2001 14:35

Ernst Lehmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems when I use the fast_forward or fast_backward in my VDR.
> Then after some times of using this button, the DVB-driver crashes and
> restarts. I am using currently the following in all combinations :) :
>
> - Linux 2.4.6
> - DVB-driver (Snap 010729 and 010817 from Klaus-Page), and CVS-Snapshot
(7
> days old)
> - VDR-0.94 and VDR-0.94-with-MP3
>
> As I observed, it looks to me as if the bug comes from the OSD, some
> others mentioned here on the list crashes by using the OSD. Because
mostly
> the crashes appear, when I use the OSD.
>
> Have any others this problem, or is it unique to me ??

Are you using AC3 output (i.e. the VDR option '-a')?
There is still a problem in that area.

Klaus