[vdr] Re: Several Harddisks

Hi!

> i tried to use vdr with 3 harddisks, so i mounted it as /video0, /video1
> and /video2.
>
> I changed in runvdr the line VDRPRG="./vdr" to VDRPRG="./vdr -v /video0"
> but if i copy a film into the harddisk /video1, i cannot see the film in
> the menu "Aufzeichnungen".

This is from observation, not from really understanding the code:
/video0 is always special for vdr, it only searches for recordings there. If
you want to have your recordings in /video1 listed in vdr, you have to
duplicate the directory structure of /video1 to /video0 and sym-link all the
files from /video1 to /video0.
Maybe the index.vdr, marks.vdr and resume.vdr (if existing) have to be moved
to /video0/... instead of just symlinking them.
This is the way vdr creates the directories in my configuration: Even if all
the video-files (001.vdr...) lie in /video1, the other files always reside in
/video0, with the complete directory structure duplicated.

Hope this helps, maybe I'm just dead wrong, and somebody with more
understanding of the code has to clarify this.

Thorsten

Home | Main Index | Thread Index