[vdr] Re: Illegal Filenames on FAT

Thorsten Heck wrote:

> Hi!
>
> A small feature request: If FAT-support is compiled in, vdr should catch all
> filenames that are illegal on FAT, for example names containing an "?".
>
> If you try to record to a file with an illegal name, vdr just stops the
> recording after getting an "Error: Invalid argument" from the makedir-request.
>
> I hope this is not too hard to implement.
>
> Thorsten

You can change that in recording.c:

tCharExchange CharExchange[] = {
  { '~',  '/'    },
  { ' ',  '_'    },
  { '\'', '\x01' },
  { '/',  '\x02' },
#ifdef VFAT
  { ':',  '\x03' },
#endif
  { 0, 0 }
  };

Insert for instance

between the VFAT 'ifdef'.
Let me know if this works (I don't do VFAT ;-).
If there are any other characters that are not allowed on VFAT,
please let me know.

I hope one day we will be able to completely get rid of this Windoze sh**...

Klaus