[vdr] Re: Commands executed in connection with timers

mborn@faphida.in-berlin.de(Mathias Born)  17.09.01 20:11

Once upon a time Mathias Born shaped the electrons to say...

>Monday, September 17, 2001, 6:37:16 PM, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

KS>> Since this is apparently something several people would like to
KS>> have, I'll see to implement it in one of the next versions.

>Cool. Thanks for the quick response.

KS>> For a quick hack you could insert a line like
KS>>    system("myBeforeScript");
KS>> [...]
KS>>    system("myAfterScript");

>I suggest you name it this way:
>A "BeforeCommand" and an "AfterCommand" in setup.conf.

Mee too:-)

Problem:
VDR is running
$USER is working on the PC.
Suddenly he gets the ugly message:

   Broadcast message from root Mon Sep 17 21:50:20 2001...

   The system is going down for system halt NOW !!

Argllllllll!

Ok, if he is or can become "root" too in this moment and
add a grant to the powerdown script he could stop the shut down.
(Hm, AFAIK "shutdown" does not know a power off option...
and "poweroff"="halt -p" does not know a grant...)

But what's with VDR?

The elegant solution would be a "w"+"awk" in the power down script
and see if anyone is logged on and how long he is idle.

Does VDR accept/survive/check a return from power down script
and retrigger the "User idle"?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index