[vdr] Re: Performanceproblem with vdr on Linux 2.4.4, reiserfs, raid5

Am 18.09.2001 13:39:44, schrieb Emil Naepflein <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de>:

>could someone with a 2 or 3 DVB card system use vmstat and look how the
>cpu usage is during 2 concurrent recordings and one playback, please?

I only have 2 cards.. so I can do only 2 recordings or 1 recording with playback/timeshift.

>I have noticed that the cpu usage goes up to 100 % on my 700 MHz Duron
>system. The cpu time is used by bdflush. It would be interesting for me
>to see how much cpu is used on other systems.

With a 500MHz Athlon, 256MB and a mixture of ext2fs and reiserfs I can hardly get a cpu usage higher than 10%. The only way to achieve this is a cutting-process or
using fast-for/backward replay because both require more harddisk-activity. bdflush is at 0.0%, and I have no raid5..

>I also noticed that with VDR 0.84 and the driver downloaded from the vdr
>homepage last sunday there are occassional dropouts in live viewing.

I have observed this once on Pro7 since installing the new VDR0.95 and the 09/16-driver, but it went away by switching channels back and forth.

Greetings,  Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index