[vdr] AW: Wish list for VDR 1.0

Dear all + Klaus,

the VDR project went on into the right direction and I am really surprised
how much time Klaus has invested to develop this product. And also all the
others, which provided parts of it, must be thanked for this. But, as
everywhere in life, the list of whishes never ends.

So I have another (small?) wish:

Sometime ago I got a patch from Klaus for the cutting process of the
recorded videos. This patch enabled me to set the cutmarks and when I
pressed the "2" button the new files contained excactly the lenght between
the cutmarks. Thats very usefull for archiving the videos further on to CDs
in any other compressed format (I like SVCD and the ablility to watch them
on a standalone DVD set)). The CDs than end up between two scenes and not in
between the "hottest action". This patch works very well for me but its a
little bit uncomfortable to include it again and again to the new releases.
And what happened if the great developers decide to change just that part of
code?

So my wish (hurra, bald ist Weihnachten), please include it in the regular
distribution. Button "2" for the wellknown cut into near equal parts and
maybe button "3" for files up to the cutmarks.

Cheers
Manfred

for completenes I will include the patch here again in case somebody
(Klaus?) has dropped it.

--
-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------
-----                  Günzweg 10, 22393 Hamburg                   -----