[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Wish list for VDR 1.0

You,re right, I would than prefere a fixed method by the setup menu because
I like to have all time the control of the cutting process. Your way of
collecting the pieces into one file is something what I don't like. I cut
allways into small pieces (only some scenes) because of several reasons:

- the loss of sync between video & audio, when all the diffenerent
demux/mux/compress/etc-steps occure until you have a real good peace of
SVCD, will increase with the size of the file. Your outputfiles are in sync
but there are always bad frames or loss of audioframes. So if you use mplex
(by the driverdevelopers) you have already the first shifts in your new
stream. I tried pvastrumento to mux the vdrs to an MPEG2 stream but the
result was even worse. For compression to SVCD I use tmpgenc (Yes, I know
that you don't use WINxx). But all these tools have sometimes difficulties
with large files. I know, this is another wish and the best would be if VDR
can provide directly files in SVCD format well synced and with optimal
quality, but...

- for optimal balance on the CDs after compression its always better to fill
the discs with small pieces

> > for completenes I will include the patch here again in case somebody
> > (Klaus?) has dropped it.
> >

> > > If you want to have separate files for each part, you could
> try adding the
> > > following lines in dvbapi.c, cCuttingBuffer::Action():
> > >
> > >            // Check editing marks:
> > >
> > >            if (Mark && Index >= Mark->position) {
> > >               Mark = fromMarks.Next(Mark);
> > >               if (Mark) {
> > >                  Index = Mark->position;
> > >                  Mark = fromMarks.Next(Mark);
> > >                  CurrentFileNumber = 0; // triggers SetOffset before
> > reading next frame
> > >                  toMarks.Add(LastIFrame);
> > >                  toMarks.Add(toIndex->Last() + 1);
> > >                  toMarks.Save();
> > > +                toFile = toFileName->NextFile();
> > > +                if (toFile < 0)
> > > +                   break;
> > > +                FileSize = 0;
> > >                  }