[vdr] Re: Recording not possible with activated menu

Thomas Koch wrote:

> Am 10.10.2001 um 22:33 schrieb Hans-Hermann Redenius:
>
> > Is it mentioned anywhere, that vdr doesn't start a recording while the
> > recordings menu is actice?
>
> Yes, thats correct. A few days ago i saw a 19h recording on my machine.
> While watching TV the timer was activated, i put the TV off without
> quitting the OSD, the timer was not stopped.
>
> While showing the OSD vdr doesnt stop or start a timer.

Are you saying that VDR made a 19 hour recording because you didn't
quit the OSD? I really wonder how that could have happened, because
there is a two minute inactivity timeout. So after two minutes of
user inactivity the OSD menu should be automatically closed and timer
activities should be taken as necessary. At least it worked that way
in a test I just now did.

The reason why no timers are processed while a menu is open is because
when a single shot timer ends, it is deleted from the list. If the user
just happens to have the timer menu open at that time, this could interfere
with the pointers the OSD menu has to the timers, and one of them might
point to invalid memory then. So it appeared to be the easiest solution to
just wait until the user closes the menu again (assuming he wouldn't have
it open for a prolonged period of time).

Klaus