[vdr] Re: channel switching (extern)?

Ewald Maier wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:23:20 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >so, it was the first time I saw something of the menu (on PC in
> >window); - at the outside TV is N-tv and intern on PC Display is
> >another channel (I can switch it, but on TV nothing changes)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> to be clear here I can switch in menu, but nothing happens (tuning
> timeout)
> >perhaps this was always the reason, that device is busy
> BTW: I was now able the first time to compile tuxzap and therefore I
> have seen on PC a picture too, but only always N-tv (or what is
> written in make insmod)
> If I understand that right, there can be 4 devices but in the menu I
> can only take interface 1, 2 or 3. Is it possible that device 0 is
> this one that always busy is?

The original device numbers are counted form zero (0, 1, 2, 3), but whenever
such numbers are presented to the VDR user, I'm counting the from one (1, 2, 3, 4),
because that's more "natural" for the average user.

While the driver itself supports a maximum of 4 DVB cards, the 'makedev.napi'
script only creates the first three devices in /dev/ost (don't ask me why that
is so).

So from your messages

------------------
VDR version 0.96 started
 VDR vdr[1702]: loading /video/setup.conf
 VDR vdr[1702]: loading /video/channels.conf
 VDR vdr[1702]: probing /dev/ost/frontend0
 VDR vdr[1702]: ERROR: /dev/ost/demux0: Device or resource busy....

VDR is trying to access the very first DVB device, but apparently something
is going wrong here. Unfortunately I can't see what exactly it is, though.

Maybe you should try to get tuxzap to work first, in order to rule out
a problem with VDR.

Klaus