[vdr] Re: MPlayer <-> VDR, first try

huels@iname.com(Stefan Huelswitt)  14.10.01 13:57

Once upon a time Stefan Huelswitt shaped the electrons to say...

>On 14 Oct 2001 "Jochen Vieten" <J.Vieten@digital-device.de> wrote:

>> I'm using your Mplayer <-> VDR Patch. It works, but after
>> mplayer-playback, vdr shows only a black screen (OSD, Sound and
>> Channel-switching is still working).

>Wow, realy the first usefull post ... have the same problem here.
>I thought it was because I only use a dummy mplayer script, but
>now it seems to be a general problem.

>Anybody else have this problem?

Not with the Mplayer, but the same result:
Sometimes, after viewing a long recording ends on his
own, the switch back to TV image does not succseed.
The screeen so black, but OSD works. (Same as you described)
Sometimes the image stays "freezed" but i can change
the sound track for that "still video" :-)

The error condition is very rare (when one will watch 'till
the recording ends entirely?) and i thought that
the tuner is going too hot and can't tune anymore.
(saw a power dissipation of more than 56W while replaying,
49W is "normal" with one budget and one full, means while
there are two full cards going very hot so i have to
add an excat fan. (Or do others yesterday have problems
watching 3sat too? ;-)))

>If yes, why don't you take your keyboard and drop me a note?

Because we learned: first search the error in the near
and nobody want's to blame himself for an EBCK (Error
between chair and keyboard).

>I don't understand how people expect that free software continues
>to develop if they don't give feedback, even not about bugs...
>:-(

That's always this way:
As long as there are no complaints all is well.
The only risc is to think that nobody uses it  :-)

So do it like the bigest software company:
Add new features and do not remove old errors.
So so you will always have a feedback how much
teh programm is used. (OK, just kidding and almost
impossible for opensource to hold a longer time.)

>> So, please don't stop your development.

>At least there seems to some interest in this ... so stay tuned
>:)

Do you have a link where the advantage of your patch
is decripted? Would like to read more about it.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index