[vdr] Re: CPU too fast??

Hi to everyone,
I was very sceptical reading this thread about CPU's beeing to fast the
previous week with strange effects like trying to record MPEG1....
I am using a Celeron 800, i.e. within the range of beeing too fast according
to some postings. I experienced about 1 or two  MPEG1 errors an hour and
numerous "read incomplete section"-errors.
The I double-checked my cable connection because I also found the effect of
unsharp edges especially at vertical high contrast changes (e.g. white
letters on blue ground like 'Tsgesschau') in analog channels. I found a
strange looking connection. After I reworked the plug I have no errors of
any kind. Since then all recordings since are flawless (using vdr-0.94-mp3-4
and siemens_dvb-0.9-20010817.tar.gz or siemens_dvb-0.9-20010822.tar.gz
driver).
The unsharp edges are gone, must have been reflexion causing the former
problems.

AND most of all, it works despite my CPU beeing labeled 'too fast'.
The restriction of my observation is: it is limited to DVB-C (i.e. german
Telekom cable) on a single card system which is working with differend
carrier frequencies than DVB-S.

So long,
CR.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index