[vdr] Premiere

Hi,

please don't throw planes at me, but I tried to get this information by
using the search feature of the mailing list and looking in the FAQ
first... sadly I was not able to find it though I asume that surely many
people asked the same before...

I've been using VDR for quite a time now and first of all I have to
thank Klaus for the great work he did.
Now I'm thinking of enabling my VDR-box to receive Premiere World, too.
I know I need an CI-daughtercard for the DVB-S and an CI-Interface
module. There comes the first question - which modules are able to run
here? As there is a great variety of more or less expensive products and
most of them seem to be hard to get I wish someone could give me some
tip what I have to pay and what's more than I need.
The second question is of course what else do I need and where can I
obtain it. As it seems there is no way to obtain a smartcard without an
dbox any more. Just read between the lines - I'm interested in a
complete overview of possibilities here.

Ah, another question - is there a low budget card with CI-connector? I
would like to purchase an additional low-budget card to be able to
record simultaniosly and do time-shifting if only the full featured card
can handle the CI interface I won't be able to watch TV or do
time-shifting while recording a PW-transmission?!?

cu
Ronnie

Home | Main Index | Thread Index