[vdr] Re: Premiere

> I've been using VDR for quite a time now and first of all I have to
> thank Klaus for the great work he did.
> Now I'm thinking of enabling my VDR-box to receive Premiere World, too.
> I know I need an CI-daughtercard for the DVB-S and an CI-Interface
> module. There comes the first question - which modules are able to run
> here? As there is a great variety of more or less expensive products and
> most of them seem to be hard to get I wish someone could give me some
If you want to look Premiere (Irdeto) at the moment you only can use Irdeto SE 4.6/4.7 - this are the only working Modules with Linux-Driver
> Ah, another question - is there a low budget card with CI-connector? I
> would like to purchase an additional low-budget card to be able to
> record simultaniosly and do time-shifting if only the full featured card
> can handle the CI interface I won't be able to watch TV or do
> time-shifting while recording a PW-transmission?!?

Yes - only the DVB-S is able to use the CI :-(....

There are people who talking about to decode PayTV with a Chipset on the DVB-CARD - but this is the
wrong place for it.... - and i donīt know anything about it... - use the Search-Function of the List
look at it...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index