[vdr] Re: unresolved symboles

tobschle@gmx.de(Tobias)  29.10.01 18:11

Once upon a time Tobias shaped the electrons to say...

>Am Montag, 29. Oktober 2001 17:46 schrieben Sie:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I type "make install" and then "depmod -a" it tells me:
>> unresolved symboles in dvb.o
>> that's only a minor problem.

Which symbols are unresolved?

Do a "man depmod"
an you wil find an option, that lists the names of missing symbols.

>> I have to use "make insmod" in the vdr
>> startup file. but is there a workaround? because compiling takes
>> more time then just insmodding.

"make insmod" will only compile if modules are not jet compiled
or were complied with errors so they do not exist.

I'm very luky about this (interims) solution, because
there are other projects that do not even document which
modules are required in which sequence...
depmod do not work got.

The disadvantage is, that if the dvb do not contain a
development environmant "make" will fail.
It might be a better idea to use the Makefile to
generate 3 scripts (dvb-insmod, dvb-rmmod, dvb-reload)
that it will exexcute later acordingly.
The best would be if depmod would really work. (Someday..)

>sorry, the error is: unresolved symboles in dvb_firm.o

See above.

Best:
First try to search for the missing symbols in the dvb(!)
(and maybe vdr) mailing list. I think that you did the
same error as all other.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index