[vdr] SV: Re: VDR only channel switching, XAWTV only pictures, not both

> > When there is no one who
> > can explain me what to do, or point me to a manual where I can find out
> > how to configure things I will give up and return to Windows (which I
> > hate to do). Or I should start VDR. Choose the desired channel. Close
> > VDR. Start Xawtv and watch until I wan to see something else. Then stop
> > Xawtv, choose another channel in VDR etc..... Or is this the way how
> > things suppose to work? ;-)
>
> VDR requires a TV set to be attached to the A/V out of the DBV card.
> It is not designed to display anything on your X11 desktop (you can,
> though, do that with a combination of vdr and kvdr).

I use Xawtv as well, since I don't have a TV set but only a TFT monitor and
a CRT projector. You need to load the DVB driver, then start Xawtv, and last
start VDR. If done in this order everything works fine.

Regards,

Henrik Rasmussen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index