[vdr] Use of MS-6215 IR-Reciever

Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  11.11.01 09:48

Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>It now works with Bios 1.6.

Ah, interessting that they make a new BIOS.
Maybe they fixed the broken "idle" call...

>> I have sometimes (1 of 10..20) the box hang in the POST
>> with "green,red,green,red" (IIRC) when started with the wakeup
>> clock.

>The Bios always needs a long time for the VGA test now.

Hm, did they manage to force Video out now even if a
VGA is connected?

>> Started by switch or power plug in i never had such a problem.
>> BIOS is V. 1.4(04/17/2000)

>I also thought that it worked fine the first time I turned it on.

I am running the bo now at least 2 month.

>But after installing everything I discovered the problem with power on.
>Now with Bios 1.6 it works ok beside the long time for the power-on
>selftest.

What does "long time" mean in seconds? ;-)

Did you try the 1.5?
The 1.6 is only claiming to uptdate the VGA-BIOS...

Did you try to enable "quick boot" (on the on version)?

>Are you using the build IR-receiver?

How can i do that?
I would like to use it.

Which BIOS Setting?
What LIRC module?
What addresses?

>Does it recognize to commands from greater distance than about 3-4 m?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index