[vdr] Re: OT: DVD-Recording under linux

I don=B4t think its important to record "VIDEO-DVD" conform !

Why ?

You can play your recordings with Your VDR-BOX and that=B4s ok ! - so i th=
ink...

At the Moment i think about how to make the recording-progress script like=
..
So i can burn the DVD out of my Living-Room Seat :-)

> Acctualy, i don't think it would be that hard. The only problem is that
> certain DVD nav packets, that need's to be embedded into the MPEGII
> stream, normaly contain forward references into the stream.

> The creation of those packets would have to be defered long enough to
> know those references. I'm not sure how long this would normaly be and
> how much memory that would need. My guess is that we might have to
> buffer 2 to 5min worth of data in memory, before we know those values.

> An alternative solution would be, to embedded incomplete nav packets at
> record time and fix them up after the recording has been finisched. This
> would mean, that you have to store the recording on harddisk first and
> that you *could not* record in real time to DVD-R's.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index