[vdr] Re: Disabling repetive timers temporary

schoeller@gmx.at(Johannes Schoeller)  20.11.01 16:12

Once upon a time Johannes Schoeller shaped the electrons to say...

>>>just select the desired timer and press the left-key.
>>

>> OK, one step less! Thanks.
>>
>> But: Then the timer stays "disabeled" "forever" or?

>stays diabled forever. :) - sound nice for "deleted".
>afaik you can.t "disable" a timer and then "reenable"
>it. after disabling it.s lost.

That's only true for temporary timers (if at all, havn't checked)

I meant with "forever": The user himself has to activate it,
the system will never touch it. (For example when set to
a "suspended" state, that will "automatically" revert to "active"
when this timer would not be cause a recording in the moment.)

Example:
AFAIK a timer-thread in VDR "scans" the timer list
for state "active" (or so).
If time start/end, date/day fits the recording is started/stopped.
That has the nice advantage that a power loss will only
cause a little hole in recording, but inihibits a "temporary disable".
If the timer state would be "active=supended" the scans sees this timer too,
but is not (re)starting the recording.
If time.now > time.stop the timer-thread modifies
the state to "active=yes".
That would be the "quick hack" (if someone else would find this
feature useful at all too).

The more advanced implementation would be to set a date into
the "active-state". That would allow to start a sequence
in "future". (The current solution would be: programm n timers, or?)
But there is a second field for a date...

(((Useful may be an "active=lasttime", but not often to be used ;-)
except to stop a sequences after a while...
(But that's becoming too complex...))))

Home | Main Index | Thread Index