[vdr] Re: DVD-AC3-Playback

Hello Klaus,

> Can somebody please explicitly verify whether or not Andreas'
> suggested modification
>
>            int written = b[8] + 9; // skips the PES header
>            if ((b[written] & 0xF0) == 0x80)
>               written += 4;
>
> actually works for DVDs _and_ DVB recordings? If it doesn't, I'll have to
> add a flag to distinguish between DVD and DVB (which I would like
> to avoid...).

I did yesterday, and Uwe confirmed my observations.
Andreas' modification does not work with my AC3 VDR recordings.
Some frames seem to match the condition
>            if ((b[written] & 0xF0) == 0x80)
so I get stutterings and my amplifier switches back to PCM mode every few
seconds.
It stays in 3/2.1 mode most of the time however.

The DVD's I tested however work perfectly ever since.

That flag you mentioned seems not to be an idea _that_ bad after all, if
maybe a little "ugly"....

Yours
Stephan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index