[vdr] Re: Automatic start at boottime (vdr + dvb)

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 09:44:45AM +0100, Ratschkowski Tobias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i spend a bit time to search the mailinglist archive for
> this topic but i dont found a solution there..maybe blind *g
>
> My vdr-box isnt connected to a CRT only to network with a tv attached.
> I want the dvb driver and vdr loads automaticly after all local
> processes are done. I found one article where they wrote to put the
> commands into /etc/init.d/boot.local
> But then the vdr stuff is loading befor my netword card for example.
>
> I have suse 7.3 and i want that things load automaticly AFTER all
> system drivers/modules are loaded.

I don't know about SuSe, but in RedHat you ave a /etc/rc.d/rc.local file
whic is run after _all_ other init scripts. Thus stuff in the rc.local is
always executed after loading e.g. the network code.

Another possibility is to execute the vdr stuff in one of the runlevel
directories (again this is in RedHat) /etc/rc.d/rc[12345].d. The two digit
number in the name of te link specifies when the specific link is
executed.  All links that have an 'S' in them, are executed when entering
the specific runlevel (runlevel 3 is multiuser, runlevel 5 is X). So you
could for example add a link like S99vdr. This would load the vdr stuff as
te last thing when entering the runlevel (rc.local is still loaded after
this).

I haven't got time to give a more detailed explanation :(

-- Lauri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index