[vdr] Error by compiling libmad

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile the libmad MP3 decoder
but without success. The configure-script runs
fine, but when I run make this error occurs:

htpc:/usr/local/src/mad-0.14.2b # make
cd . && aclocal
cd . && automake --foreign --include-deps Makefile
cd . && autoconf
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running /bin/sh ./configure  --enable-shared --no-create --no-recursion
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
./ltconfig: .: /dev/null: not a regular file
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
make: *** [config.status] Error 1

I tried to set a host type as described in the readme,
but that doesn't helps.
I use Suse 7.3 and VDR 0.98. With mpg123 and VDR 0.97
I didn't have such problems.
That is my second problem that I have with the libtool.
The first was by installing the DVB-driver. The libtool
of Suse 7.3 has a larger version number. So I commented
the lines out in the source and now it work.

I thought that I could help myself, but I failed.
Because I'm not a Linux-expert I hope that someone
can help me. Thanks.

Bye
Jens Dorstewitz
dorstewitz@gmx.de