[vdr] Re: Problems

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Joerg Schneide wrote:

JS> Mahlzeit!

high!

JS> Now I got VDR up and running, but there are a still a few problems
JS> to solve.
JS>
JS> 1. Some time after the last input (channel switching) VDR
JS> seems to begin channel switching itself.

EPG Scan.

JS> When I left my box running
JS> during the night I see the following error msg. the next day:
JS>
JS> vdr[536]: ERROR: channel 95 not sync´ed on DVB card 1!
JS> vdr[536]: retrying
JS>    "          "
JS>    "          "     3 times
JS>
JS> vdr[536]: ERROR: channel 101 not sync´ed on DVB card 1!
JS> vdr[536]: retrying
JS>    "          "
JS>    "          "     3 times
JS>
JS> vdr[536]: ERROR: channel 109 not sync´ed on DVB card 1!
JS> vdr[536]: retrying
JS>    "          "
JS>    "          "     3 times
JS> vdr[536]: ERROR: maximum panic level reached
JS> vdr[536]: initiating emergency exit
JS> vdr[536]: retrying
JS> vdr[536]: emergency exit requested - shutting down

the last one is funny. Correct me if I am wrong or if something
changed in 0.99pre1, but AFAIK vdr exits only in record mode. not while an
EPG scan.

JS> This happens with vdr 0.99pre1 and 0.98
JS> It looks like VDR is scanning all channels for EPG information or
JS> something and detects some wrong- or undefined channels.
JS> How to avoid this?

 - you can disable EPG scan (see Setup menu)
 - you can remove the channels you cannot receive from the channel list.
   at least this channels wouldn't break things

JS> 2. Another strange thing maybe related to the above:
JS> Some time after the last input or some hours of running
JS> the video output disappears. There is no error output on
JS> the console or OSD. VDR seems to operate normal I can switch
JS> channel with the RCU, the related OSD-output appears on my TV
JS> but the video output remains black.

That's the problem reported in the thread "checking for data in live mode"