[vdr] LCD drivers by Nils Faerber

Hello list,

I read about the support for LCDproc and I like the idea very much. I also
have a 16x4 LCD on my parallel port, but this one is running with the
circuits according to Nils Faerber's project and with his drivers. I set
this up about 1 year ago and it works fine, so I don't want to change the
wiring, which is partly different from LCDproc. Access to this device is
relatively easy, it behaves like a normal character device at /dev/lcd, so
you can just send the text that has to be shown to the device.

Did anyone already write anything according to this setup? Otherwise, I
would try to do this around christmas time -- and I would be very thankful
for some hints on editing vdr's source code/writing a patch for this
purpose. Are there any documents on the web? My knowledge on C is very
very poor... but I think it cannot be that difficult -- open device, send
string to device, close device?

Regards,
Dirk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index