[vdr] Re: Problem with DVB-C

I also still have real problems with my DVB-C.
The support for those cards seems to be on very low priority I'm afraid...

With the latest CVS versions I still get a black screen (not even OSD) on
SCART as soon as VDR (or DTV) is started.
No matter whether I switch to RGB, SVHS or composite. Haven't tried the
cinch plug however.
(Same as with 2001-11-17). Unfortunately I'm so far being totally ignored on
the dvb list.

Another problem of mine has become much worse recently:
When I freshly start the driver (after switching off the machine), zdf.info
is being displayed correctly first.
Then, depending on the driver version (?), it takes some seconds to minutes
until the picture dissolves to tiny flashing cubes.
VDR isn't aware that something's wrong and records that crap as it comes,
not firing the watchdog or hanging or anything.
Sometimes it gets back to normal after several minutes (then to stay perfect
until the next shutdown/power off).
I was already getting used to switching on my machine approximately half an
hour before I wanted to watch or record a live programme.
Since recently (for about three days I think) however it stays screwed, so I
already lost a recording.

Is my hardware giving up? I would think so, but it looks _so_ software-ish
somehow. Why does it work when I first start the driver?
Has someone had a similar experience?

Desperate,
Stephan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index