[vdr] Re: Still picture patch

apieper@gmx.net 24.12.01 02:36

Once upon a time shaped the electrons to say...

->>No still frame update while cutting***.
>I tried your patch with and without the
>different line numbers provided from Grégoire.

Emm, one version should gave errors?
How did you apply the patch and what were the messages?

->>No still frame update while cutting.

>Then i got the cvs-snapshot dated 2001-11-17,
>because this seems to work for you.
>Tried without and with both patches (changed
>line numbers, as stated above).
->>No still frame update while cutting.

>What can i do ?

Validate that your computer is actually using the drivers
you expected him to use.

It's too sad that linux has (AFAIK) no way to validate the actual
version loaded on runtime. The module "info" give only the -in
this context- totally useless eMail address(!wow) of one who
had once programmed the driver long time ago and made the "mistake"
to leave his eMail address in the source ;-)

There MUST happen something so that everybody not just developers
can determine which date, version, patchlevel etc. all the loaded drivers
actually(!) have, something like "ls -al" for modules,
else the entire driver building will become undebuggable, because no one
can report a bug with all required infos.
But here it's offtopic, we only suffer on this flaw.

Try

#updatedb
#locate dvb

and delete all "unexpected" .o files.